Did you know that laparoscopic surgery can be used to treat a variety of women’s health conditions? This type of surgery is becoming increasingly popular, as it is less invasive and causes less pain than traditional surgery. Dr. Craig Ranch of McKinney, TX is a obstetrician/gynecologist who can educate women on the many ways in which this minimally-invasive procedure can be used. Our doctor will discuss some of the most common conditions that can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
What is laparoscopic surgery?
This type of surgery is a minimally-invasive procedure that uses small incisions to insert a laparoscope. This instrument allows the doctor to see inside the pelvic area and perform various surgical procedures. Laparoscopic surgery can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Removal of fibroids. Fibroids are benign tumors that grow in the uterine area and may become problematic for patients.
- Ectopic pregnancies. An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that occurs outside of the uterus.
- Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus grows outside of the uterine cavity.
- A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that removes the uterus.
- Ovarian cysts. Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on the ovaries.
- Pelvic floor disorders. Pelvic floor disorders are conditions that affect the muscles and ligaments that support the pelvic organs.
Why choose laparoscopic surgery?
Many women are choosing laparoscopic surgery as their preferred treatment option due to its many benefits. This procedure is less invasive than traditional surgery, which means that it causes less pain and discomfort. In addition, patients typically experience a quicker recovery time after undergoing laparoscopic surgery. We encourage women who are in need of certain surgeries to treat reproductive disorders to ask about whether or not their upcoming procedure can be done using laparoscopic technology. The field of reproductive health and the technology used continues to improve and change every day!
How to learn more about laparoscopic procedures available in McKinney, TX
Find out if you are a good fit for laparoscopic surgery with the team at Craig Ranch OB/GYN. The office is located at 7900 Henneman Way, Suite #100 and can be reached by calling (214) 544-6600.