Dr. Craig Ranch and his team in McKinney, TX are available to help women through the journey of motherhood. When a woman is pregnant, it is important that she works routinely with a provider who can monitor the progress of pregnancy for a safe and healthy delivery. However, there are women who may be deemed as “high risk,” and these women will need to see Dr. Craig Rach for more specialized obstetrical care.
What cause a woman to need high risk obstetrical care?
There are several reasons why a woman might be told she requires high risk obstetrical care. Some of the reasons may include the following:
- Women diagnosed with a previous chronic health problem including pre-eclampsia (toxemia), high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, thyroid disorders, or diabetes.
- Women over the age of 40.
- Women who have had previous miscarriages, birth defects, or fetal growth restriction.
- Women with unexpected problems that can occur during their pregnancy including early labor, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and bleeding.
- Women who are pregnant with multiples, including twins, triplets, or more.
- Women who have been evaluated and are determined to have found growth problems or birth defects during their pregnancy.
How is a high risk pregnancy identified?
For some women, finding out about high risk pregnancy occurs before the woman actually becomes pregnant. This may be due to complications or diagnoses that happened with previous pregnancies. For other women, the high risk identification may occur during the pregnancy. This happens if a woman is found to have a fetus with a birth defect, or the woman develops an issue such as early labor or high blood pressure that puts them at risk of having an unhealthy pregnancy or childbirth. These are often determined with the help of Dr. Craig Ranch during routine evaluations and screenings.
Are you recently pregnant and seeking obstetrical care as a high risk individual?
Women who have been deemed as “high risk” may need specialized obstetrical care from an experienced and caring professional in the McKinney, TX area. If you are located in the community and are interested in working with Dr. Craig Ranch and his team, contact our facility today by calling (214) 544-6600. Patients will visit the office in Suite 100 at 7900 Henneman Way to obtain the care they need to ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy!