Consistent and chronic pelvic pain with no known reason can be extremely frustrating for women in the area of McKinney, TX. Pelvic pain is a common complaint amongst our patients at Craig Ranch OB/GYN. Our team is dedicated to help in the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain problems to ensure women are healthy and living their best life!
What can cause pelvic pain?
There are many reason why pelvic pain is present and persists for some women. Pinpointing the cause is essential to providing necessary treatment. Some of the more common causes of pelvic pain include:
- Chronic UTIs/bladder infections
- Pelvic adhesions/scar tissues
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual cramps)
- Interstitial cystitis (IC)
Once our doctor has diagnosed the problem causing the pain, then treatment options can be discussed. Dr. Craig Ranch encourages women who have gotten a diagnosis for their pain to sit with their doctor to decide the next steps for treatment. Treatment for certain medical conditions causing pelvic pain may include:
- Physical therapy – a physical therapist can help in mobilizing soft tissues and addressing pelvic floor issues with routine exercises
- Pain medication – for mild to moderate pain, certain pain medications may be recommended in addition to physical therapy. This may include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, tricyclic antidepressants, or oral contraceptives.
- Hysterectomy – in some cases, chronic pain can be addressed with certain surgeries such as a hysterectomy. This is often done for women who are done having children as they will no longer be able to conceive after this procedure.
- Removing mesh slings – women who have had mesh slings placed in the pelvic area as a treatment for stress urinary incontinence sometimes develop chronic pelvic pain. If this is the case, removal of the mesh sling may be required to alleviate the discomfort, while alternative treatments for SUI may be discussed.
Request an evaluation today
McKinney, TX area women who are struggling with the development and continuation of pelvic pain with no obvious cause are highly encouraged to book an examination with Dr. Craig Ranch to discuss their concerns and find the source of the problem. Our team is located at 7900 Henneman Way, Ste 100 and provides care for new and current patients who call the office at (214) 544-6600.