During pregnancy, your body is changing–a lot! It has to work hard to ensure your baby develops properly in a relatively short period of time. At Craig Ranch OB/GYN, our team in McKinney, TX educates new mothers so they can fully understand what needs to be done to reduce their risk of complications and ensure a healthy delivery and baby. Dr. Craig Ranch is a dedicated provider who can evaluate women and talk to them about what to expect during their pregnancy, especially if they are considered a high-risk pregnancy.
When women come into the office and ask about ways to reduce their risk of complications during their pregnancy or after childbirth, he may make several recommendations. Below are the top eight things you can do to ensure a healthy pregnancy!
- Eat healthy foods. A nutrition diet-rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains is essential for a healthy pregnancy.
- Get regular exercise. Pregnancy is not a time to sit around and do nothing. Exercise will help keep you in shape and prepare your body for labor and delivery.
- Get plenty of rest. Pregnancy can be exhausting. Make sure you get enough sleep to stay refreshed and energized.
- Avoid stress. Stress can be harmful to both you and your baby. Try to relax and take things easy during pregnancy.
- Take prenatal vitamins. These vitamins will help ensure that you and your baby are getting the nutrients you need.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol. Smoking and drinking can harm both you and your baby. Avoid them completely during pregnancy.
- Be careful with medications. Some medications can be harmful to a developing baby. Check with your doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
- See your doctor regularly. Regular checkups are important to make sure both you and your baby are healthy.
Who should I call for prenatal and postnatal care?
If you have recently found out you are expecting, congratulations are in order! Call Dr. Craig Ranch to confirm your pregnancy and help you get on the right track to a healthy journey and baby! Call 214-544-6600 to request a consultation visit with our team and set the right foundation for your pregnancy today!