During your pregnancy, you may feel as though you have a lot of decisions to make. This can be incredibly overwhelming for many women. However, thanks to the team at Craig Ranch OB/GYN, we can help women in the McKinney, TX area who want someone by their side during this time. We are excited to offer the midwife birth experience for women who want more control over their birthing plan while having someone to rely on throughout their journey.
What is a midwife?
Dr. Craig Ranch describes a midwife as a highly trained medical professional who offers support for women going through the process of pregnancy and childbirth. They focus on providing services that make the journey more of a positive experience, while allowing the patient to guide their own birthing plan to meet their needs and desires. It is a personal choice to choose a midwife during pregnancy, but our team can assist women interested in the advantages.
What are the benefits of having a midwife?
When patient ask Dr. Craig Ranch about the benefits of the midwife birth experience, he will often discuss the following factors:
- A midwife is a partner in maternal wellness and provides resources and support for pregnant women
- A midwife ensures that a patient has a say and control over their birthing plan
- A midwife increases the chances of having a natural birth without drug intervention
- A midwife continues to provide support after birth, offering breastfeeding guidance and ensuring help is there if postpartum depression occurs
- A midwife can reduce the risks of having a cesarean section birth
- A midwife offers a more personal approach to the birthing experience and ensures emotional support through the process of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum care
Are you interested in the midwife birth experience?
If you reside in the McKinney, TX community or surrounding areas and are interested in having a midwife to walk you through your journey, we welcome you to call the practice of Dr. Craig Ranch OB/GYN today to schedule an appointment. Our office is conveniently located at 7900 Henneman Way, Suite #100 and is open to new patients.