McKinney, TX area women who are struggling with abnormal uterine bleeding or heavy cramping during menstrual cycles may be unsure as to what can be done for a better experience. Women who are done having children may be a great candidate for endometrial ablation. This is a surgical procedure that is performed at the practice of Dr. Craig Ranch that reduces uterine bleeding while keeping the uterus intact. It removes the endometrial layer which is the layer in the uterus responsible for heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure destroys this layer and can provide patients with relief.
Why choose endometrial ablation?
Endometrial ablation has many advantages that make it a popular choice for patients who visit the practice of Dr. Craig Ranch. After treatment has been performed, approximately 90% of women find that they have much lighter periods—or none at all! This treatment has fewer complications that other surgical procedures while leaving the uterus intact. Below are a few reasons why women choose endometrial ablation for themselves:
- Less complications and risks
- No need for general anesthesia, just sedation
- No surgical incisions
- Return to normal activities, including work, in approximately 48 hours
- Significant decrease in risk of surgical trauma and no risk of scarring
- No need for daily medications
- Results of endometrial ablation last until menopause
What can I expect following the endometrial ablation procedure?
- Vaginal bleeding ad cramps for a few days following surgery
- Increased need to urinate
- Watery/bloody discharge for up to a month
- Transportation after the procedure
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity until cleared by the doctor
- Pain medication to manage discomfort
- Quick recovery to return to normal activities and diet
Put an end to bothersome periods
If you struggle regularly with periods and want to reduce bleeding and discomfort every month, endometrial ablation might be right for you. Call Dr. Craig Ranch’s team at (214) 544-6600 to request an appointment at 7900 Henneman Way, Ste. #100 in McKinney, TX. Dr. Craig Ranch is open to seeing new and current patients ready to learn about endometrial ablation and other procedures for sexual and reproductive health.